Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The DVD Player and Swami Vivekananda.

After having dinner from Anil's house yesterday, I returned home at around 11 pm. Rishi had prepared mashed potato curry, and I should tell you that he really learned some things after being in Sweden for around 5 months. :-)

They were a little concerned to send me back alone, because Marathahalli, where I stay, is not a good area sometimes at night . There was an incident about 100 meters from my house where a senior from my company was attacked with a big knife, by two guys helped by a lady, and ended up with 8 stitches in his right hand. I assured to call them once I reach home.

When I was nearing home from another road, a guy called me "bhaiyya.." from the dark. Bewildered, I found a young guy of my age calling me from behind. I was confused. I was not able to find any reason for him to call me at this time. I recognized soon that he was one of the guys running the laundry shop near by.

He was quick in telling me that his DVD player is not working, and "since you know English very well", you might be able to figure it out! ??? I didn't understand. He invited me to his house near by. I followed him and saw two of his frustrated friends. They were waiting to watch their favorite actor's movie. [And it could have been: The
Megastar, the Yuvasamrat, the Prince or the Yuva Ratna Baalayya]

They just brought a DVD player from somewhere and it was not working. And it can be really irritating after a hard day's work. He signaled me to check the connection to the Tv. The only problem was the connection from "Audio Out, Video Out to Audio In, Video In". And they couldn't construe it. But the thing was that he knew exactly, that he went wrong there. But he couldn't solve it because he couldn't read. And it was very frustrating for him.

I connected it properly and within a split second the movie started. They were very happy, and their faces glittered expressing their gratitude. :-)

My mood suddenly swung from a cautious one to a very nice feeling which we get when we help someone. And I was happy that I could help.

I walked home remembering what my sister told me once about Swami Vivekananda:
Someone : "I am really grateful to you Swamiji for helping me."
Swamiji: "No, I should be grateful to you for giving me an opportunity to help you."


4 Comments:

At 10:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

All hail Manu, the tech consultant of the downtrodden, Father Tech-resa, if you will..

Oh and btw, kidil gopal has been upto a lot. Unknown to us all, till now, he has been instrumental in bringing peace in Asia by setting up GPNO. Check it out : http://lin.cr/06m

Thank you Kidils, for helping the world in such significant ways.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Eric Stalker said...

I am glad I found your post online on good. I was feeling so stressful and dizzy because I am selling moscow mule copper mug online and it is really very tiring job. And after reading your post, I am feeling so fresh. I am so thankful to you for posting this. Keep posting.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It seems that you guys have really enjoyed at home. I am also like that. When I am alone at my home, i call my friends to watch movies with snacks. I have called my girlfriend also sometimes. She make food for me, it was really great fun. I really enjoy. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Keep sharing.
Best regards
tree service erie pa

 
At 5:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Really good post. Excellent written article . I love your post. Towing Des Moines
.It is easy to understandable. Thanks for sharing post. Towing Des Moines Keep Posting. I feel good after read your post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home